Tuesday, April 3, 2007

O Bondage! Up Yours!

OMG, I won another contest at the Velvet last night. The theme was bondage, or fetish—not entirely sure which. I'm not used to winning popularity contests. Of course, the place was packed, and there were at least three pages of contestants on the board by the time voting closed, so it might have been one of those situations like when Arnold Schwarzenegger first became the Governator with something like 12 percent of the vote. Still, he won, and I won, and I'm grateful to whoever voted for me. DJ Barely Schlegal and the club got the benefit of extra tips.

I sweahtagawd, for most of the night I was wearing the mesh part of this costume (like the gloves and tights), and not all the skin that you see here. :)

It was a fun night no matter what. Patrice was a bit late coming on, as has been the case lately of necessity, but IMs were flying, and the chat was fast, furious, and of course witty, even without Mischief being there. Warning: you might find the next sentence offensive! Club owner Pushbutton Skolnik was up on a cross, overseeing a dance floor full of whips and chains. Sorcha IMed with news that her connection had improved! I hadn't heard from her in quite a while, so I invited her into the fray, and she joined us. It was so cool to see her! I'd forgotten how tall she is—I had remind her to be careful not to step on Barely, lest the music stop. I seem to have accidentally skewered McCabe with my cane at some point, which was flailing around as I dance, at which point he turned into a zombie. Fortunately, all our sins were forgiven.

Once again, the two gigabytes of memory were doing the job for me. That club was full, as you can see from the picture with all the name balloons in it. But I was still able to move my camera around, not lag too badly, and stay online with no weird crashes.

By the way, you might also be able to see a bit of chat in the lower left corner of the picture (click on the picture to see it at full size). That's Sorcha saying, "What do you know? I had a whip in my inventory!"

3 comments:

Caterin Semyorka said...

Heh, heh, good to hear old Sorcha is back inworld!

Aimee said...

It was so fun to see you last night! I had a great time wearing my bondagy clothes for the first time. And I did a search for whip in my inventory and what do you know? I had one! I wonder what else I have in there? LOL. Thanks for the invite to a fun night : )

Bitter Chocolate said...

Looks like it's been lots of fun! Btw, I know a guy named McCabe and he'd surely deserves some whipping :-)Congrats on winning!