Tuesday, January 23, 2007

...or ship out

This is the last post on shapes, at least for a long time, I promise. But dig this. I posted my plaint about not being able to find shape information on Friday the 19th. Today, I head to Linden Lifestyles, because I hadn't been there in a few days, and what do I find, gentle readers? There it is, an entry dated Saturday the 20th, all about shapes. The universe unfolds exactly as it should!

Salome did not mention Nana but offered her only recommendation for shapes, Colette's Body Shop. Very interesting. Modifiable. So much for so few lira. If I become unhappy with little Akaso or Mikka, now I'll know where to go.

It was good to know I wasn't the only one who would not want a shape that can't be modified. It was also interesting to learn that shapes should not cost a lot of money. You're basically buying a particular set of parameter values. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mind shelling out 200 lira for a nicely done set of parameter values. Not everyone with sliders and numbers can create a really good body shape, any more than someone with font design software can create a readable typeface. Just having the tools doesn't automatically convey talent, or a good eye, or specific knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

Many of the comments were enlightening as well. Along with Melissa's comment on my original post, I now feel that I know a lot more about shapes than I did. Next time the Velvet has some weird contest, I might just create my very own monster!

Final final note. Never get impatient when posting a comment on a monitored blog. I saw my comment appear, then disappear. I posted a polite but pointed note asking why. Oh, the shame! Of course my comment reappeared in due course. All kinds of things go wrong when you move too quickly. Forgive me, Salome and Sabrina! I promise to behave myself from now on.

No comments: