Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sober second thought

That's me looking, and feeling, contrite, hiding under my bangs.

I just did something that I had not done before—deleted a blog entry. I'd posted it just this morning, but it made me uncomfortable. Refining it didn't help. In the end, I determined that it was selfish and self-indulgent.

I work stuff out in this blog. Some of what I write is not pretty. Some of what I think is not pretty. Sometimes I have fears, insecurities, and bad thoughts. But this time, I will just keep them to myself.

I jokingly blame Linden Labs. If Second Life weren't down for maintenance, I wouldn't have too many thoughts running around in my brain.

Sorcha likes to post song lyrics in her blog. Here's a less-than-flattering one for me:
you're fateful i'm hateful and i ruin any kind of fun you have in mind
"When Our Love Passed Out on the Couch" by John Doe

Self-flagellation over for now! Never fear, dear readers. I'm sure there will be more dirt here soon enough.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

hehehe Veronique! Great quote! I have had those moments too! When I think to myself. Hmmmm. Should I have posted that? My limited experience with blogging and computers in general meant that I just recently figured out how to delete posts! hahaha. So I've had those moments frequently. I just didn't know I could erase it. I'm such a dork! Take care sweetie