Friday, May 4, 2007

Where's my double-double?

Canadians consume five times more doughnuts than Americans, according to the last statistics I saw, and in Canada, Tim Hortons doughnut shops are ubiquitous. Started by a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey player, Tim's is now owned by the same company that owns Wendy's. Still, it's a Canadian institution.

I'd heard from Mischief that there was a Tim Hortons in Second Life, so on Wednesday night, Patrice and I popped over there. It sure looks like a Tim Hortons. Sadly, however, it's not really open yet. There are no doughnuts on the shelves! No coffee either. (The item in the title of this entry means "two cream, two sugar"—Tim's coffee is fine, but it ain't gourmet blend.) I hope they open it for real soon. We could sit around imitating that old bit from the Royal Canadian Air Farce.

We were rescued from our disappointment by an invitation to Merik and Anwen's castle to join them and several others in their hot tub. At one point we managed to get seven of us in there. It looked a lot bigger in the photo Merik had sent. However, there really was plenty of room for all of us, and I was perfectly happy to drape my legs over Patrice's. It's not quite as nice to soak in a virtual tub as in a real one, but somehow it's still relaxing.

Of course, relaxation wasn't exactly what we were up to. It was a nice gathering of friends with lots of conversation, jokes, and just having fun hanging out together. Meri and An are super hosts and really great about having spontaneous gatherings. Love ya girls!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a deadline to meet.

No comments: